Diamonds are forever, and are women’s best friends! You have the ancient De Beers diamond company to blame. They started at 1930’s ad to let men and women believe that engagement rings must be diamond rings. Case in point: one of the most difficult parts of preparing for weddings is finding one. You could easily find the right woman and propose, but looking for jewelries are on a difficulty scale of its own.
Luckily, every man only needs to buy one engagement ring in his lifetime [if they’re lucky to be wed just once] so jewelry shop owners understand this stuff to make you feel comfortable despite your cluelessness.
Things you need to consider when buying Engagement Rings:
- Engagement Rings Price – Regardless of how prepared you are, engagement rings will remain pricey then and now. They could take figures of as much as $4,000 to $6,000 and even beyond so you must prepare at least one to three months of your salary for this. But as a general rule of thumb, you don’t need to crush the bank just to get her one. Try to find affordable engagement rings ! Think about wedding night or honeymoon expenditures later. They’re more valuable than just a piece of rock they’d probably just wear once.
- The 4 C’s of a Diamond Engagement Ring – These refers to Color [yes diamonds have them], Cut, Clarity, and Carat weight. If you really intend to buy her a diamond ring, you should know that colorless ones are the most expensive in the bunch and rarest to find. Light yellow ones are cheaper but don’t look as elegant. Cut on the other hand is determined by a cutter’s craftsmanship and establishes a ring’s sparkle. Carat weight is considered traditionally as the ultimate diamond price determinant, but worry not, rumors aren’t true. Jewelers can make diamond engagement rings appear larger than its original weight. Lastly, clarity or inclusions. These are other minerals combined with the diamond. The less of these other inclusions present, the better. Safe pick grade range: between SI2 and SI1.
- Size – If you want to really surprise her, let the ring speak for itself. How? By finding one that would fit her finger! But that’s a problem on its own. Imagine the disappointment of an expensive engagement ring that won’t fit? Sneak into her jewelry box once and bring the jeweler one of her rings to match the size or rather have photos snapped as a guide.
- Style – You don’t just go asking her directly for what she wants, go undercover spy for this mission. Ask married men you know for pointers on what they did or her very close friends. She might not even like diamond engagement rings at all which is good for you and your pocket. There are colored stones like ruby, sapphire or emeralds you can buy her as alternatives.
- Jeweler – When you’ve got everything figured out, you’ll always end up finding the perfect jewelry shop in Toronto. Look for a store that will let you have convenient ring samplings and provide you expert education in choosing the right stone.
Why Choose Engage Diamonds in Toronto?
We, at Engaged Diamond in Toronto, only carry the top 10% of diamonds in the world and we have open showrooms where anyone can try on our rings. Our expert consultants also provide more time educating our clients than any other shop, within Toronto and the GTA so you’ll feel special finding the perfect engagement rings here than anywhere else.